The case of a police using a Taser on a young African-American car passenger became personal for CNN legal analyst Sonny Hostin on Tuesday when her colleague, Paul Callan, tried to claim that abuses of power did not have a racial component.
CNN’s Susan Candiotti reported that an Indiana family was suing the Hammond police department for a Sept. 25 traffic stop that ended with officers breaking a passenger-side window and tasing Jamal Jones because he would not produce an ID.
Callan said that police had mishandled the case, but predicted that the city would prevail. [Read more]
- Protesters Hit Back at Cops — in Court | The Intercept
- Should We Just Follow Orders? Rules of Engagement for Resisting the Police State | OpEdNews
- Cops smash window to use Taser on passenger during seat belt traffic stop | Raw Story
- Teen Labeled An Intruder, Pepper Sprayed After Walking Into His Own Home | Opposing Views
– http://wp.me/p4sUqu-JI – Michael’s Blog