At age 29, Brittany Maynard was diagnosed with aggressive terminal brain cancer and given only six months to live. She has since moved to Oregon, which has a death-with-dignity law, and is advocating for more assisted-death legislation in the US.
After suffering from debilitating headaches, Maynard, called a vivacious, adventurous individual from birth by her mother, was diagnosed on Jan. 1 with a malignant brain tumor. At the time, she was given five to 10 years to live. [Read more]
- Cancer patient Brittany Maynard, 29, has scheduled her death for Nov. 1 | Washington Post
- Brittany Maynard: People Defend Her Decision To Die | Hollywood Life
- Terminally Ill Advocate for Death With Dignity Brittany Maynard Explains Her Choice to Die | KTLA
- Why Terminally Ill Brittany Maynard Has Chosen to Die with Dignity | Glamour
– http://wp.me/p4sUqu-JA – Michael’s Blog